A cup of espresso (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Liz, over at be.love.live posted 10 questions and 10 answers today and added a list of 10 questions. The ones she answered were posted on her Love’s blog here. I seem to often wind up hazy about the instructions for these things. I gather that I should answer Liz’s 10 and then add 10 of my own. But I kind of like both sets of theirs and I’m hitting my fatigue wall so brain not functioning to think about new questions.
I’m just going to answer both sets and invite you to answer one or both and, if you like, add another 10 questions of your own. I’m not big on rules so I’d say participate in whatever way suits.
1. What’s your morning routine?
Jump into old comfy sweats. Use nasal cup. Prepare supplements for the day. Fix and eat breakfast. Fix a pot of stove top espresso and hang out savoring my one fabulous cup of coffee of the day.
2. Which part of the year is your favorite, and why?
Hard choice between fall and spring. I like the moderate weather and the wonderful colors of both of those.
3. What’s your favorite drink?
Coffee. More specifically espresso based drinks like cappuccinos and lattes; I just make espresso and dump cream in so it’s slightly more like Paris’s cafe creme.
4. What would you do on a day off?
A day of pampering at a spa.
5. Where would you like to go at this moment?
6. What’s your favorite dish?
I’m a foodie so that’s a tough one. Anything fabulous that’s sitting in front of me? I’m a big lover of French and Italian country cooking so high on the list would be things like beef bourguignon and ribollita.
7. What are the first five things you would save out of a fire?
My mother, cat, laptop, file of old family photos, a beautiful scrapbook that was made for my mother as a child with children’s book and magazine illustrations from late 19th and early 20th century.
8. What’s your favorite book, movie, and TV-series?
Another tough one, since I’m an avid reader, love movies and have always watched too much TV. Probably all time favorite book would be a tie between Frances Hodgson Burnett’s Secret Garden and Georgette Heyer’s The Grand Sophy. Movie: such a fan of 30’s films, it’s hard to pick; all those William Powell, Myrna Loy, Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn, etc. movies. TV: current, Parenthood, all time, Friday Night Lights
9. What’s your favorite music right now?
Paul Horn, Inside the Taj Mahal
10. What are you looking forward to in the next week?
Working on Thanksgiving.
And Liz’a 10 questions
1. What moment from your life always makes you smile when you remember it?
There was a crazy moment on one of my house sitting getaways in Marin: I was SO thrilled to be there. I went out one perfect day for my favorite walk and when I hit this winding, tree-lined country-style road I love I starting doing a happy dance right then and there.
2. What are three words to describe who you are (not what you do)?
Determined, serene, becoming
3. What movie or tv-series could you watch over + over?
Gilmore Girls, Return to Me, Philadelphia Story, Friday Night Lights (TV, not movie)
4. What song would be the soundtrack to your life?
Justin Hayward’s version of This is the Moment
5. Who is the most memorable/interesting person that you have met in 2014, and why?
My friend Cecy brought her friend Bozena to Lexington not long ago. We had lunch and spent the day at the races. Bozena and I just had so much in common and felt so instantly comfortable– I look forward to seeing her again.
6. You’ve been given a month to travel! Where are you going to go?
The south of France, Tuscany, Elba and the Amalfi Coast/Ischia
7. What websites do you visit every day?
WordPress! Earthlink Webmail. And I’m out…
8. What is your nighttime routine?
Don’t exactly have one; other than the usual ablutions and reading a bit, my night time schedule these days is so all over the map, I don’t have a routine I can plan on accomplishing. Which kind of works for me since I don’t much like schedules or rules…
9. What is your favorite space in your home? Describe it!’
Because of issues with my hips, I’m more comfortable sitting on the floor — keeps them even. So I have a stadium seat thingy on the floor, leaning against a chair with a lap desk nearby. It’s not far from the TV, which I run incessantly– often not paying much attention, sometimes on a music channel. Much of the time my laptop is in my lap and I’m reading blogs, writing posts or a piece of my book, researching, playing games, etc. Sometimes I sit the computer on the lap desk and actually pay attention to something on TV.
10. What are you longing for?
Having good enough health, energy and strength to rejoin the world.