As I mentioned in my earlier post about Turmeric Ginger Tea, I’ve become a fan of the turmeric ginger combo and its health benefits. It took me some experimenting over the course of five or six pitchers to develop a recipe for the lemonade I like:
Leigh’s Turmeric Ginger Lemonade
- 7 cups water
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 inches fresh turmeric, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup agave syrup (or more, to taste)
- 6 medium to large lemons (possibly one or two more depending on how juicy they are) squeezed; 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- optional: for better absorption of turmeric, add a few peppercorns
Put two cups of the water plus the ginger and turmeric in a sauce pan. If you’re using peppercorns, add those too. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the stove and add the agave syrup to the pan. Let steep 10 minutes, cool a bit, then strain out the turmeric and ginger.
While the turmeric ginger tea is cooling, squeeze the lemons. When the tea is cool enough add the tea, lemon juice and remaining water to pitcher. Refrigerate till nice and cool. It’s the best tasting way I’ve found to drink the turmeric and ginger.